Sunday, January 8, 2017

Larger greenhouse

Increased nursery lid I made two weeks ago is too small again, seedlings are literally pushing it up:

So I decided to move them to a new home. I purchased a mini greenhouse in Ikea, but it's not wide enough to accommodate the whole nursery. Luckily, I have just 10 out of 12 cells occupied (however total number of plants is 12), so all I need is to relayout cells so they are in 2 rows instead of 3. This way I also get better access to them, because now middle cells are totally hidden by leaves and it's difficult to check and water them.
Ikea greenhouse have its own tray and old tray will not survive reshuffle anyway, but I wanted to have some additional insulation in the bottom to avoid soil being overheated by heating mat. So I took an unused broken set of nursery cells and added a sort of legs made of hot glue:
Also I glued this new set of cells together in desired shape (I really love hot glue):
And put thermometer to a more convenient location:
It's time to reshuffle:
By the way, some roots are already sticking out from drain holes and also above the soil. Probably it's time to slip pot them soon:
First trim! (Just cells for today)

 Voila, new home for ficuses is ready (check out awesome glue gun in background):


No comments:

Post a Comment