Sunday, March 5, 2017

Pruning follow up

Plants I've root pruned and trimmed 3 weeks ago not jus survived but grew several new branches and a lot of leaves. I consider experiment successful and other plants should be also ready for some training.


Speaking of other plants, they are growing unrestricted and look enjoying new space. The largest ficus is 18cm tall and at least 7mm thick near ground.

Smaller siblings in their new home also grew much faster than they did before, this is their progress for last two and half weeks:

This is the overall greenhouse view:
Summer is coming and on clear days temperature inside greenhouse can reach 50°C, so I've purchased a timer socked and set a schedule to turn off heating during sunny hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, great blog! I too live in London (Surrey) and have bought seeds to cultivate. Reading you posts on Bonsai Forum and browsing your blog has given me great enthusiasm and encouragement. Keep up the awesome work

    ReplyDelete