Saturday, December 17, 2016

Fertilizing and first branch

It's been 3 weeks since first sprout, so it's time to fertilize. Most manuals say don't fertilize in winter time, but I've got heated and alight nursery, so I believe my plants need to be fertilized.
I've got some liquid bonsai fertilizer which contains nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and some metals (4-6-6 NPK). So I diluted it as instructed (5ml per liter of water, I had to use precision scales to measure it) and watered plants generously. Hopefully it's for good.
So far seedlings grew well, some of them developed many leaves. That's the latest overview of the nursery:

Couple plants which have germinated 10 days ago, they've barely grown at all. Apparently, they're not vigorous enough, that's why it took them so long to germinate in the first place. Compare them to their sibling which is just 10 days older:

There were no new sprouts since then, so I've scrapped leftover seeds.
And here is the largest plant so far:
It already have developed a small branch (just above first pair of leaves) and generally grows like a tree, in asymmetric fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment